Services We Offer
KayElle Industrial Inc. can perform many inspection related services, including but not limited to: weld inspection, non-destructive testing, quality assurance/quality control, vendor surveillance/expediting, equipment inspection and certification, and general consultations.
CSA W178.2 - Certification of Welding Inspectors
There are three levels of certification a welding inspector can achieve. The inspector’s knowledge of welding principles, non-destructive testing, and metallurgy, among other areas, increases through each level. Also, qualifying work experience is required to progress through the levels. Through the three levels of certification, the responsibilities and competencies improve.
KayElle Industrial Inc. Weld Inspection Services
At KayElle Industrial Inc., we provide weld inspection services at all three levels. Our inspectors hold the following code endorsements
- CSA W47.1/W59 Welded Structures
- CSA Z662: Oil and Gas Pipelines
- ASME B31.1: Power Piping
- ASME B31.3: Process Piping
- ASME VIII Div. 1/ASME IX: Pressure Vessel Construction, Welding and Brazing
Mechanical and Non-destructive Testing
Mechanical testing is a destructive form of testing which may be performed for several reasons.
- Certification of welding consumables
- Verification of connection performance
- Qualification of welders and welding procedures
Mechanical testing includes some form of guided bend testing. At Kayelle Industrial Inc., we have the equipment and procedures to perform guided bend tests in accordance with different codes and standards, such as ASME Section IX, CSA W47.1, CSA W47.2, and CSA Z662.
Non-destructive testing is the form of testing or analysis which does not damage or leave a product unfit for use. Highly valuable techniques save time and money during product evaluation.
At Kayelle Industrial Inc., we provide non-destructive testing in the various disciplines.
- Visual inspection
- Hardness testing
- Ultra-sonic inspection
- Liquid penetrant inspection
- Magnetic particle inspection
- Positive material identification
- Leak testing
- Vacuum box
- Pneumatic pressure
- Hydrostatic pressure
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
What is Quality Assurance?
Quality Assurance can be defined as a set of activities that will ensure quality throughout all processes, resulting in a conforming product. For example, developing standardized procedures to ensure repeatability and accuracy of a process or product would be considered quality assurance.
Developing an Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) outlining all quality-related activities would be a quality assurance activity.
What is Quality Control?
Quality Control can be defined as the set of activities performed to ensure quality exists within the process or product. For example, performing non-destructive testing, such as magnetic particle inspection, to a crane boom or bridge section to ensure there are no cracks would be a quality control activity.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control Activities We Perform
At Kayelle Industrial Inc., we take pride in the quality assurance and quality control activities our experienced inspection personnel have delivered. We have a strong understanding of the entire life cycle of large-scale fabrication projects and familiar with vendor data requirements.
- Process audits
- Develop and/or review weld procedures
- Develop and/or review inspection procedures
- Develop and/or review project-specific documentation
- Develop project-specific Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- Perform and/or review welder performance qualifications
- Audit and/or verify calibration records for welding equipment
- Audit and/or verify calibration records for measuring devices
- Develop and/or review material traceability records, ensuring correct grade and specification of materials are used
- Develop and/or review welding consumable records, ensuring appropriate classification of the electrode, flux and shielding gas compositions are used
- Perform weld mapping of welder ID, weld procedure, NDT, date, position, etc.
- Perform and/or review dimensional verifications and record “As Built”
Vendor Surveillance and Expediting
Kayelle Industrial Inc. performs verification of quality assurance and quality control activities and reduces the overall risk of your project. Early identification of non-compliance or non-conformance will save you both time and money.
With a clear understanding of scope and deliverables, we can provide you with detailed reports and photos on a daily, weekly, or quarterly basis. Some owners prefer us to act on their behalf and witness that their project holds points such as function tests, trial assemblies, and final release.
We take pride in the fact that our experienced inspection personnel perform exceptional vendor surveillance and expediting services.
Equipment Inspections and Certification.
KayElle Industrial Inc. works closely with a team of professional engineers to ensure your equipment meets the applicable inspection standard and certification. Any required repairs are performed per an engineered repair procedure.
Equipment we inspect/certify:
- Powered Mobile Equipment – Including: Forklifts, Loaders and a multitude of attachments.
- Cranes and Hoists – Including: Gantry, Overhead Bridge and Monorails.
- Mobile Cranes – Including: Articulating and Knuckle-Booms.
- Below the Hook Lifting Devices – Including: Spreader Bars, Pallet Hooks, Pipe Lifters and Lifting Tongs.
Quality Solutions Provider
KayElle Industrial Inc. is a solutions provider, we continually update our service offerings and certifications. We aim to be at the forefront of technology and best practices in our industry.
Contact us today to discover the Quality Solutions you are looking for!